HOW SILENCE HELPS ME MAKE MONEYPosted: 9th Jan 2016 by IMAGE 1ST PHOTOSHOOTS IN LONDON
I turn 40 this year and I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover the power of silence.
6 months ago I was sleeping 4 hours a night. I was feeling stressed and my energy levels were low.
Everything changed when I discovered silence.
The truth is, I was scared of silence.
I avoided silence at all costs!
If I gave into it, I thought somehow my connection to life would be disconnected.
I was constantly looking to fill empty silences with redundant chitchat, music, talk radio and surfing the internet on my mobile.
All this noise was having a negative effect on my life, I felt like I was trapped inside my mind, running around aimlessly with no destination.
WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I TURNED OFF ALL THE NOISE?
1. I became more focused, the goals I set myself became achievable.
2. I felt invigorated, fresh and active.
3. I actually made more money, instead of worrying about the bills, I focused on realising my marketing ideas. New clients connected with my enthusiasm and passion for photography, bookings increased!
WHEN TO USE SILENCE?
1. During your daily commute switch your mobile off, close your eyes and picture one still image, I use a picturesque image of a beach. I imagine soaking up the sunshine, whilst the sea breeze and the waves from the ocean provide my soundtrack.
2. Before you go to work, after lunch and before you go to sleep, practice meditating. You don't need more than 6 to 7 minutes, my favourite method can be found at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QReudKCJCY
you do not need to copy the hand movements, but this may help you focus and centre your thoughts.
3. At night, I used to get into bed, check my e-mails, stick talk radio on and play online pool. Want to live longer and avoid being a stress head? Turn off all technology, place your mobile away from reach, close your eyes and take deep breaths whilst implementing point 1. You'll be asleep within 10 minutes.
My name is Doren Gabriel, thank you for reading this blog post. I am the founder of IMAGE 1ST, DG CORPORATE and CORPORATE HEADSHOT MIAMI. We specialise in corporate and commercial photography.
Blog CategoriesAIM HIGH, BUSINESS TIPS, CONFIDENCE BOOSTING TIPS, CORPORATE FASHION TIPS, CORPORATE HEADSHOT, COUPLES PHOTOSHOOT EXPERIENCE, CV, EXPERIENCES, IMAGE 1ST, LinkedIn CORPORATE HEADSHOTS, MOTIVATION, PROCRASTINATING, REVIEWS, SUCCESS TIPS
June, February, January
July, May, April