5 TIPS TO HELP YOU BUILD YOUR PERFECT TEAMPosted: 22nd Jan 2016 by IMAGE 1ST PHOTOSHOOTS IN LONDON
YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE YOU HIRE
"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." was a famous quote from an American actor called Milton Berle.
When I saw this quote in my father's old autograph book, and when no other job opportunities were available, these inspirational words became the foundation of what IMAGE 1ST & DG CORPORATE have become today, an international photography business with over 50,000 portraits taken.
After a few failed attempts at starting business on my own, I realised that I had to put together a team of professionals who could help me get to where I needed to be, and this is what this blog post is about. You can only achieve so much on your own, but with a great team around you, you can really make things happen!
WHAT MAKES A GREAT TEAM? MY TOP 5 TIPS.
1. Make a list of all the things you can do yourself and a list of things where help from others is needed. In my case, I'm hopeless when it comes to numbers, so hiring an accountant is a good place to start.
2. Having a presence on the internet is very important, search hard for an independent web developer and make sure you own all your domain names and have access to all your website content.
3. I don't like the word 'sales guru' nobody likes being sold to, instead, hire a personable person to deal with all your promotions. It doesn't matter how good you think your business is, without people knowing you exist, it's going to fail.
Your promoter will get your brand in front of people that would love to have what you offer. Building relationships with new clients and being as social as possible will contribute to the development of your success.
4. Hire a personal assistant. Once business starts to boom, you will be required to juggle numerous things and there is no better way to stay organised than to hire a personal assistant.
5. Get a designer on board. In order to get your message out to the masses you will need to look sharp. A graphic designer will be able to design your flyers, sort out your social media advertising and make sure your brand looks attractive to your target audience.
My name is Doren Gabriel, thank you for reading this blog post. I am the founder of IMAGE 1ST, DG CORPORATE and CORPORATE HEADSHOT MIAMI. We specialise in corporate and commercial photography.
Blog CategoriesAIM HIGH, BUSINESS TIPS, CONFIDENCE BOOSTING TIPS, CORPORATE FASHION TIPS, CORPORATE HEADSHOT, COUPLES PHOTOSHOOT EXPERIENCE, CV, EXPERIENCES, IMAGE 1ST, LinkedIn CORPORATE HEADSHOTS, MOTIVATION, PROCRASTINATING, REVIEWS, SUCCESS TIPS
June, February, January
July, May, April