1. Update your promotional photographs.Keep your image updated on social networks such as LinkedIn. People like doing business with people they trust and like. People often research your team page or LinkedIn before making a connection with you, and as we say, first impressions really count, so make sure you stand out from the crowd.
2. Design a website that communicates.Seems obvious right? However many people spend too much time worrying about the aesthetics of a website, and not enough time working on how to communicate what they are providing to the viewer. Words, images and navigation are so important.
3. Grow your network.You can only do so much on your own and then you'll burn out. To grow your business or reputation means you need to grow your network of contacts. Write down where you'd like to be and target people in those circles that you can forge friendships with. Sports events, book clubs, gyms, business exhibitions are just some ideas.
4. Find a mentor.Try to connect with the author of your favourite book, it's worked for us and we doubled our sales! Mentors can offer invaluable advice on getting you to where you want to be. It's a bit like this, you need to get fit, you get a personal trainer, you need to raise your web presence, you get a website designer, you need advice from an expert, you contact an expert in that field, ask questions and learn.
5. Get some press.Getting some press will help you stand out from the crowd. Research journalists that write about the field of business you are in, then connect with them and tell them your story, for what makes a great story, contact some PR agencies for additional advice.
If you are without agency representation it is more difficult to attend certain modelling auditions. We encourage all female models to look for and aim to be represented by as many modelling agencies as possible.
Modelling agencies are there to represent YOU.
Extensive research has shown the common feature in almost all agency scams is upfront fees.
Never pay a fee to join an agency.
Never just fill in a form on a website to sign up.
Pick up the phone and speak to a human.
If a talent scout in the street approaches you, do not give your details then and there. Instead, tell them that you need time to think about it, take their details and do some research on them. If you are satisfied that you are dealing with a legitimate agency, get back to them, stay in control.
If an agency seems to issue guarantees of paid work, challenge them on it. Nobody can guarantee your success. Research thoroughly who you are about to get involved with and do not get pressured into anything until you are 100% satisfied that you are not being scammed.
IMAGE 1ST® recommends the following modelling agencies.
During our time in London, we have photographed thousands of women looking for a confidence boosting experience. It's a great feeling for us to see our clients walk in nervous, then leave with a renewed energy that is both positive and refreshing.
On arrival we will discuss your hair and make-up, this process takes up to an hour, it gives you time to meet the team and get used to our studio atmosphere.
We work with many models, however you don't need to be a model to experience our confidence boosting photoshoot. Many women use our services for a variety of different reasons, a few being; dating site profiles, LinkedIn headshots, a gift for a partner, to celebrate weight loss or even to celebrate their curves with a boudoir & burlesque photoshoot experience.
After hair & make-up you will be guided to your private changing room where we will discuss your outfit choices and discuss what furniture will work best with the colours you have brought. You will receive plenty of professional guidance throughout your confidence boosting photoshoot, you'll be amazed how good you'll feel about yourself as the session progresses.
Book your confidence boosting photoshoot or call the team today to discuss your requirements: 020 7250 1313
Portrait Photoshoot in London
- learn more
If you are looking for a professional portrait photographer then look no further. With a proven track record and many years in the industry, we have the skills to help you stand out from the crowd and help raise your profile.